This school is committed to produce best Architects and Planners of the Nation to take
up the challenges of physical and socio- environmental development of global
standards. This will be developed as 'University of imagination', where a sense of
enquiry will prevail amongst all stake holders- students, researchers, professors and
society at large. School of Planning and Architecture will strive for social sustenance
through universal design, cultural sustenance through conservation and environmental
sustenance through the discipline of Architecture, Planning and Design.
- To create School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal as a centre of excellence for
imparting quality education at undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral and post-
doctoral levels in Planning and Architecture.
- To create national level research and development centre with special emphasis on
research and consultancy work in the field of Planning and Architecture.
- To create national level research and database centre and decision support centre
for the preparation and implementation of settlement and habitat development
programme for the Government.
- To create the nodal centre for mentoring other architecture and spatial planning
institutions in the central region.
- To create a cadre of high calibre faculty members who will be devoted to teaching,
research and consultancy in all disciplines that deal with Planning and Architecture.
- To become socially responsible institution providing research feedback to the
Government for physical development of human settlements.
- To support the establishment and development of School Planning and Architecture.
- To provide global leadership in the field of architecture, planning and allied fields.